Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Eve!

Happy New Years everyone!!! For New Years this year I had intended to go to Seoul to meet up with a friend from another town, but plans fell through at the last minute so I stayed in Sangju. Turns out that some other peoples plans had fallen through as well so we had a nice little outing here in town. I was able to meet up with Scott and Sarah who live right across the street from me but I somehow never seem to see. We went out for a nice sushi dinner and had about five different kinds of tuna along with miso soup, and a lovely corn relish, and some salads and different side dishes... a very good dinner and shockingly my first time out for sushi since I arrived in Korea! Then, after dinner, we walked over to a nearby bar and grill and met up with Jessica, Julian, and Simon and had some kiwi Soju punch while they finished their dinner. Their friend Ray who teaches in the TALK program here (similar to EPIK that I teach for, but aimed at undergrads and people who have only 2 years of college... they teach part time for 6 months to a year before returning to their universities) joined us as well and we all decided to turn the evening into a pub crawl through Sangju to ring in the New Year! A very fun night :) I didn't take any pictures, but will pass some along as others post theirs. Hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve! And I've finally gotten my webcam to work, so anyone who has skype can find me at liss.dyer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment